Kawasaki SXR 15F /Ultra 250/260 Adjustable Cam Sprockets
CSAKK260Regular price $185.00 Save $-185.00
Adjustable Cam Sprockets are used by engine builders to set cam timing exactly where they want them. By advancing or retarding the cam timing, you can move peak torque and power output of an engine to a higher or lower rpm. This can increase acceleration or top speed.
1. On the end of each cam, scribe a line that lines up with the "IN" line on the OEM cam sprocket.
2. Take the APE sprocket assembly and center the bolts in the adjustment slot and snug the bolts so the sprockets will not move.
3.With the bolts centered in the slots scribe a line on the APE adapter that lines up with the single dot timing mark on the APE sprocket.
4. Remove the stock sprocket from the cam.
5. Remove the APE sprocket from the APE adapter. Press the APE adapter onto the cam so that the scribe mark you made on the cam lines up with the scribe mark you made on the APE adapter. Support the cam securely. Use red Locktite in the adapter and press it on until the end of the adapter is flush with the end of the cam. DO NOT PRESS ON FURTHER.
6. When you bolt the APE sprocket on to the APE adapter, orient the sprocket so that the single dot is lined up on the side that has the scribe mark.
BE CAREFUL when removing stock sprockets and installing adapters. Support the cam securely or damage can result. Be sure that bolt heads etc. clear the head casting and cam cover. Cam bolt torque 22-25 ft. lbs. Do not overtighten.